Business Development Manager
Are you enthusiastic about bringing innovative technology into the classroom?
About our company:
EZ Education, a multi-award winning company, are the creators of intuitive and adaptive learning programmes for children aged 4-14. The first product, DoodleMaths, is used by thousands of children across the globe. In September, we launched our new DoodleSpell and DoodleEnglish programmes.
With a growing base of schools and a proven sales model, we are now looking for a business developer with a consultative mindset to join our team to help us deliver our ambitious growth targets.
You are ideally someone with a track record selling innovative solutions into the education sector, or someone with a strong teaching background and a desire to move into a more commercial role. You enjoy working in a highly self-directed way, setting yourself tough targets and enthusing others with your ambitious achievements.
If you have a passion for education and want to play a key role in a growing, friendly, ambitious startup team, we think you could be the right fit for us.
Your responsibilities will include:
- New business development with a focus on primary education
- Building proposals for school leaders
- Investigating/developing sales leads
- Working towards meeting or exceeding a quarterly agreed sales goal
- Helping clients on-board with the help of the School Account Management team
- Conducting webinars and calls with school leaders
- Comfortable with technical and educational details of the product
- Providing feedback to the product team on what features will help to close new schools and/or are preventing deals from closing
- Regional travel to exhibitions and schools
- Initial training at Head Office in Bath and regular, subsequent visits to Head Office
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a small, friendly, ambitious team and have a large impact. We are based in Bath, but at least half of your time will be spent visiting schools.
- Have EITHER at least three years experience of B2B software sales, ideally in ed-tech, OR at least three years experience teaching in UK schools
- A consultative selling style
- Are comfortable giving online webinars and demonstrations as your primary sales channel
- Excel when given responsibility and happy to work independently
- A passion for education
- You have excellent written English and pay attention to detail.
- Motivated by the ability to earn commissions and join a company from the ground up
If this sounds like you and you would like to apply, it is essential that you write a covering email. CV only applications WILL NOT be considered or replied to. We want to know why you would like to join our company and see your written communication skills in action.
Deadline: February 28th 2019
Salary: Basic £24K – £34K according to experience + OTE
Holiday: Standard company holiday is 25 days (20 to be taken in school holidays) but we will consider applicants who wish to work term-time only + min. 6 training days which take place in school holidays.