We build award-winning, affordable programmes in maths and English which help children feel confident about learning.
The role: Creating and revising national curriculum aligned content for English for 5-14 year olds and supporting adaptations to our maths content along with creating content for early years.
Please provide a written cover letter as to why you are applying for the positionand what value you would bring to this role, along with your application and CV.
About EZ Education:
- The founders are both teachers with over ten years classroom experience each – they live and breathe education. And within the company as a whole, more than a third of the team are qualified teachers and the rest tend to have a keen interest in helping others learn.
- We have four apps – two for English and two for maths. Parents can purchase a monthly subscription to either DoodleMaths or DoodleEnglish for their children or schools can purchase annual subscriptions – we deal with primaries and middle schools mostly.
- We have been short-listed for all the major awards in our sector, this year we picked up Highly-commended at the Education Resource Awards.
- We are based in the centre of Bath, in stunning offices with fabulous facilities including great kitchens, break out space, shower, bike storage and furnished, roof-top terrace. Breakfast cereals, Nespresso coffee, fortnightly pizza lunch and other perks are on offer.
- We’re now 20 people and anticipate growing to 28 by the end of 2019. This time last year, we were 14 and the year before, just 8.
- DoodleMaths has been aligned to the US Common Core and the national curricula in Nigeria, Lebanon, Columbia, South Africa amongst others.
- DoodleMaths is translated in Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish.
- Our values are: well-being, integrity, growth mindset, focus and education.
- Be fully familiar with the products of EZ Education, DoodleMaths and DoodleEnglish.
- Developing programme content for KS1-KS2 English
- Adding some content and making changes to our primary maths content
- Working closely with the national curriculum
- Writing blogs which support the use of DoodleEnglish and DoodleMaths and teaching generall
- Aligning our content to curricula in other countries
- Possibly overseeing future translations
- An English language enthusiast, eager to raise standards
- Experienced in teaching or tutoring (min. 3 years experience) primary or secondary
- Logical and enjoy problem solving
- Independent and hard-working
- A techie – enjoying apps and familiar with tools such as, or similar to, Excel, Word etc.
- Interested in current trends in education
- £25-32K salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Subsidised gym membership at Fitness First
Applying for this job:
- Covering letter
The covering letter is really important to us as we want to understand why you are applying and what you think makes you right for our company. Applicants who don’t write a covering letter, definitely won’t get an interview.
- Deadline for application: 5pm, May 13th 2019
- Long-list selection: May 14th 2019
- Telephone interviews: May 15th – 17th 2019 (30 minute slots will be available for candidates to book at their convenience)
- Interviews: 22nd May 2019 (Offer will be made by 23rd May for candidates currently teaching so they can hand in their notice on Friday 24th May as per their contract.)
- Start date: Sept 2019
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00 to £32,000.00 /year
- Teaching: 3 years (Preferred)