Customer Support Advisors (flexible hours/home working)
Freelance Customer Support Advisors (Flexible hours and working from home)
The role: We are looking for articulate, detail-oriented, people-loving problem solvers to join our Customer Support team, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction amongst our home and school users is maintained.
Please provide a written cover letter as to why you are applying for the position and what value you would bring to this role, along with your application and CV.
About EZ Education:
- The founders are both teachers with over ten years classroom experience each – they live and breathe education. Within the company as a whole, more than a third of the team are qualified teachers and the rest tend to have a keen interest in helping others learn.
- We have four apps – two for English and two for maths. Parents can purchase a monthly subscription to either DoodleMaths or DoodleEnglish for their children or schools can purchase annual subscriptions – we deal with primaries and middle schools mostly.
- We have been short-listed for all the major awards in our sector, this year we picked up Highly-commended at the Education Resource Awards.
- We’re now 20 people and anticipate growing to 28 by the end of 2019. This time last year, we were 14 and the year before, just 8.
- Our values are: well-being, integrity, growth mindset, focus and education.
- Be fully familiar with the products of EZ Education, namely, DoodleMaths and DoodleEnglish and their associated dashboards and apps
- Learning and using our InterCom webchat platform to trouble-shoot customer issues and enquiries quickly
- Liaising with other departments to feedback on new issues and to ensure resolution for the customer
- Reflecting on our customer feedback tools and using the feedback to highlight weaknesses and improve where possible
- Taking ownership of complaints and ensuring the complaint is resolved in a timely manner
- Graduate or equivalent
- Characteristics we are looking for: diligent, efficient, organised, empathetic and reliable.
- Excellent IT and methodical administration skills – to manage daily reporting and to use software effectively
- Tech savvy and willing to learn – to become familiar with our apps and dashboards so you can efficiently diagnose problems
- Inquisitive mind – desire to really investigate queries and find pleasing solutions
- Excellent written English skills – to provide succinct and clear responses
- Great customer service ethos – to ensure support is of the highest standard
- A proactive approach to work, with the ability to self manage and be productive in your home office environment – working from home isn’t for everyone so motivation is critical.
You will get:
- Freelance rate £15 per hour
- Holiday: 9 weeks off during school holidays and 4 weeks working during school holidays. We don’t operate customer service between Christmas and New Year or on Bank Holidays at the moment.
We are looking for:
- Minimum 16 hours per week contracted: Hours available are 9-1pm or 1-5pm. (There may be an option to cover 7-9 am and 5-9 pm in the near future).
- You will need to provide your own laptop to use the InterCom portal and at least one tablet to recreate issues and work out solutions.
- Training and ongoing support will be provided.
Applying for this job:
- Covering letter
The covering letter is really important to us as we want to understand why you are applying and what you think makes you right for our company. Applicants who don’t write a covering letter, definitely won’t get an interview.
- Deadline for application: 5pm, 10th June 2019
- Long-list selection: 11th June 2019
- Telephone interviews: 17th-14th June 2019 (30 minute slots will be available for candidates to book at their convenience)
- Interviews: Week beginning 24th June 2019
- Job start date: Monday 5th September 2019