Full-time Internship (temporary)
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £337.50 p/w
Are you enthusiastic about being part of a team which brings innovative technology into classrooms?
We create award-winning, affordable online programmes in maths and English which help children feel confident about learning.
To provide general and administrative support to the Doodle team as a whole. You will be joining our team at an exciting time when we will be moving to lovely new premises and onboarding lots of staff – so the role will be varied and should enable you to be involved in lots of different aspects of the business! This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in a fast-paced edtech company in beautiful offices in the centre of Bath.
- To provide a high level of customer service as and when required.
- To provide administrative and any other support that may be required across all aspects of the business
- To assist with the office move, eg. packing, unpacking, taking collection of deliveries, allowing access to the new premises as required, researching various service providers.
- To problem solve-issues.
- To input data accurately into our in-house systems and to ensure these are kept up-to-date
- To liaise with internal colleagues and departments
- To assist with events as and when required – pre-event preparation and post-event organisation of data.
- To facilitate any orders from the DoodleStores.
- To facilitate post-outs to our customers as required.
- General office administration.
- Any other duties as may be required.
- Excellent IT and methodical administration skills – to manage daily reporting and to use software effectively
- Tech savvy and willing to learn – to become familiar with our apps and dashboards
- Inquisitive mind – desire to really investigate teacher/school needs and to find pleasing solutions
- Excellent telephone manner – to provide a pleasant customer experience
- Excellent written English skills – to provide succinct and clear responses
- Great customer service ethos – to ensure support is of the highest standard
- A proactive approach to work with the ability to self manage – so you can identify areas of improvement and get involved in projects that can further improve effectiveness
About EZ Education:
- The founders are both teachers with over ten years classroom experience each – they live and breathe education. Within the company as a whole, more than a third of the team are qualified teachers and the rest tend to have a keen interest in helping others learn.
- We have four apps – two for English and two for Maths. Parents can purchase a monthly subscription to either DoodleMaths or DoodleEnglish for their children or schools can purchase annual subscriptions – we deal with primaries and middle schools mostly.
- We have been short-listed for all the major awards in our sector, this year we picked up Highly-commended at the Education Resource Awards.
- We are based in the centre of Bath, in stunning offices with fabulous facilities including great kitchens, break out space, shower, bike storage and furnished, roof-top terrace. Breakfast cereals, fortnightly pizza lunch and other perks are on offer.
- We’re now 25 people and anticipate growing to 30+ during 2020. This time last year, we were 14 and the year before, just 8.
- Our company values are: well-being, integrity, growth mindset, focus and education.
Terms and package:
- Salary: £337.50 per week
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9-5.30pm Monday to Friday
- Holidays: 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Subsidised gym membership.
Start date: February 2020
Application deadline: 14th February 2020
Please provide a written cover letter as to why you are applying for the position and what value you would bring to this role, along with your application and CV.
If this sounds like you and you would like to apply, it is essential that you write a covering email to email@example.com. CV only applications WILL NOT be considered or replied to. We want to know why you would like to join our company and see your written communication skills in action.