£22,000 – £26,000 a year – Permanent
About our company:
EZ Education, a multi-award winning company, are the creators of intuitive and adaptive learning programmes for children aged 4-14. Our first product, DoodleMaths, is used by tens of thousands of paying customers across the globe.
In November 2018 we launched spelling and English programmes.
We are an energetic team of teachers, developers and recent graduates based in lovely offices right in the centre of Bath.
We are currently looking for a Junior Developer to join our rapidly expanding team. You will work across our entire tech stack, from mobile (we program in Swift for some applications, and use Corona Labs, a cross-platform SDK, for others) to the front-end of our website (largely WordPress and PHP) and the back-end (currently transitioning from Cold Fusion to PHP and Laravel)
- Working with the team to develop, test, and maintain websites and mobile applications
- Contributing to back end web development
- Contributing to our new English and Spelling products
- Analysing and resolving technical problems.
Skills: (either already experienced in or a strong willingness and desire to learn)
- You’ll have a college or university degree, training in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent training/experience
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn PHP
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn mobile application development, in particular, programming in Swift, XCode and Lua (the programming language behind the cross-platform SDK we use)
- Basic understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Understanding of data security and encryption
- You are a problem-solver
- You take satisfaction in building products that are of value to our customers
- You care about education
- You enjoy working in a team
- You are a fast learner and keen to develop skills across different areas
- You are adaptable
Applying for this job:
If this sounds like you, and you would like to apply, it is essential that you write a COVERING LETTER OR EMAIL alongside your CV. Note that CV-only applications will not be considered or replied to. We want to know why you would like to join our company and to see your written communication skills in action.
Deadline: 28th February 2019