Mobile Application Developer
£27,000.00 to £40,000.00 | Permanent |
We are a young, rapidly-growing, multi-award winning company. We are creators of innovative learning programmes for school-aged children – our first product, DoodleMaths, is used by tens of thousands of paying customers across the globe. Our energetic team of teachers, developers and recent graduates are based in super-comfy offices right in the centre of Bath.
We are currently looking for a Mobile Application Developer to join our rapidly expanding team. You will work on our mobile applications – we program in Swift for some applications, and use Corona Labs, a cross-platform SDK, for others.
- Working with the team to develop end-to-end changes in our mobile applications
- Contributing to our new English and spelling products
- Analysing and resolving technical problems.
Skills and experience – you will have:
- A college or university degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent training / experience
- Minimum two years experience in mobile application development, in particular, programming in Swift and XCode. Willingness to learn Lua (the programming language behind Corona, the cross-platform SDK we use)
- Experience of building applications which integrate seamlessly with back-end systems
- A basic understanding of data security and encryption
- You are a problem-solver
- You care about education, and you want to build a product that will make a difference to children’s lives
- You enjoy working in a team
- You are a fast learner and keen to develop skills across different areas
- You are adaptable
- You are pro-active, and you give things a fair shot – we get nervous of candidates who have jumped from job to job or are presented to us by an agency
Applying for this job:
If this sounds like you, and you would like to apply, it is essential that you write a COVERING LETTER OR EMAIL alongside your CV. Note that CV-only applications will not be considered or replied to. We want to know why you would like to join our company and to see your written communication skills in action.