People and Culture Manager
We are looking for a guardian of our company culture, a person who understands what we are about and can support the team experience to make this one of the happiest and most productive teams in our area. We use the CitrusHR online platform for HR administration and their advisors for legal matters.
Please provide a written cover letter as to why you are applying for the position and what value you would bring to this role, along with your application and CV.
About EZ Education
We create award-winning, affordable online programmes in maths and English which help children feel confident about learning. We have four apps – two for English and two for maths. Parents can purchase a monthly subscription to either DoodleMaths or DoodleEnglish for their children or schools can purchase annual subscriptions – we deal with primaries and middle schools mostly.
The founders are both teachers with over ten years classroom experience each – they live and breathe education Within the company as a whole, more than a third of the team are qualified teachers and the rest tend to have a keen interest in helping others learn.
We have been short-listed for all the major awards in our sector, this year we picked up Highly-commended at the Education Resource Awards.
Our company values are: well-being, integrity, growth mindset, focus and education.
- To share our values which are education, integrity, well-being and focus.
- Take responsibility for ensuring communication channels are constantly improving.
- Manage employee experience such as perks and working environment.
- Coordinate programmes such as our 6 month ‘Induction for employees in their first role’.
- Organise recreational team days, team information meetings, work related social events such as attendance at awards and internal parties.
- Facilitate appraisal process.
- Key point of contact for staff welfare issues.
- Manage the full cycle of employee relation cases such as grievances, disciplinaries, misconduct, terminations etc.
- Monitor UK employment law and provide appropriate guidance to ensure the consistent application of legislation and policy.
- Provide guidance to managers on generalist HR issues or policy matters.
- Work on annual compensation review process.
- Be responsible for benefits management and administration.
- Provide other reports as needed.
HR Administration and Systems Compliance
- Liaise with CitrusHR where necessary.
- Develop company processes.
- Ensure all Job Descriptions and Organisation Structures are current.
- Compliance with HR policies and procedures.
- Keep management updated on relevant changes to employment law.
- Update company manuals and handbooks as needed.
- Ensure all necessary risk assessments are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Manage Compliance and Code of Conduct policy and procedures.
Recruitment, onboarding and offboarding
- Manage the recruitment process from review to placement.
- Ensure seamless onboarding and offboarding processes for employees.
Desired Competencies & Skills:
- Solid experience in an HR role.
- Educated to degree level or above.
- Able to work both operationally and strategically.
- Organised, efficient and self-assured.
- Interest in team performance, human behaviour, building resilience and tenacity amongst individuals.
- Fluent in English language both written and oral.
- Must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
- Strong attention to detail.
Terms and package:
It is extremely important for us to find the right person for this role. With this in mind, there is some flexibility in the days and hours:
- Available to start October / November 2019.
- Days: Ideally 5 days, 4 would be considered for an ideal candidate. For this position, we will not consider 3 days per week.
- Hours: 22.5 – 30 hours per week which could be a mix of shorter and longer days.
- Holidays: 25 days.
- Subsidised gym membership.
Applying for this position:
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com. A covering letter is ESSENTIAL and must explain why you would like to work for our company. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.